Sunday, January 23, 2011

Indulgent, Savoury Breakfast...

Check out the following amazing breakfast recipes. These are lovely warm options for winter, that add some variety to the bacon & eggs or porridge dilemma. Also, not being a massive fan of an overly sugary breakfast myself (I will alway choose a breakfast sandwich over pancakes), these dishes would completely hit. the. spot.

The Morroccan Mergues Ragout with Poached Eggs looks absolutely delicious and I will be trying this recipe when I get home. Since the likelihood of me going out and finding these fancy North African spices is about nil, I might make it more Spanish or Italian than it is here.


The Savoury Bread Pudding is an awesome take on a favourite classic. Bread pudding + Bacon = Heaven. And it only takes 25 minutes in the oven!

















This Crisp Salt & Pepper French toast looks divine and edible at any time of day. Probably the easiest to whip up, and there's likely a million ways to alter or serve it (different herbs, cheese, bruchetta topping, etc, ) depending what's in your fridge.

Which is very little in my case, but I would pair it with a favourite (can of) soup.







No comments:

Post a Comment