Monday, January 24, 2011

Yoga Would Really Be Great For That

I was just talking to my Aunt Ruth today about how I would probably like Yoga if I gave it a shot, but the people who actually DO Yoga really, really put me off it. Between their motivational facebook statuses and zen-like profile pics, their $100 lululemon sweat pants, and their endless complaints about how they just feel SO out of shape because they haven't been to yoga for a day - I just pretty much just want to gag all the time.






How I Feel About Yoga


Anyway, Ruth assured me that resistance to cliche is basically futile, so I probably shouldn't avoid doing things that are good for me because of it (Thanks Aunty - ever the font of encouragement and wisdom.) As true as that may be, I was still cringing at the thought of mass-produced yoga bimbos, when I stumbled upon this article. This chick also get's it, and promises that even if I get into Yoga, I don't have to be one of those people who compulsively recommends it to everyone else in a condescending, self-righteous tone. And she may have even convinced me to give it a go.


Yoga is supposed to be good for breathing & lung capacity afterall, a benefit which as a (very) recent ex-smoker, I could use. I literally run a minute before my lungs burn prohibitively. Ironically, it's always been Gran that runs and does Yoga. So, I'll give it a go for a while when I get back to T.O. and I swear I won't tell any of you how awesome it is unless you explicitly ask.

3 comments:

  1. Getting the spacing right in this sucker is practically impossible. Which I am stating for the record to excuse any past, present or future pragraph gap catastrophes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i do yoga too and i don't have fancy lulu lemon pants and each time i do yoga what i can't believe, is, how much it looks like, i have never ever done yoga before! :) that's the thing about the mind and yoga! enJOY your journey...

    ReplyDelete